Intangible Cultural Heritage Experience: Paper Lantern Crafting Workshop
Traditional paper craftmanship represents an important part of Chinese culture especially during some important Chinese festivals and religious rituals. The technique embodies the history and culture of different ethnic groups and carries significant social and cultural values. As there is a lack of new blood to learn and succeed this technique, the major reason for Master Choi to organize this workshop is to sustain this lantern making craftmanship and keep it alive.
Instructor: Master Sam Choi
Good to know
Flow of Workshop
- Get to know Master Choi & history of paper crafting technique
- Introduction of raw materials such as bamboo strips, coloured papers, homemade glue, etc
- Demonstration by Master Choi
- Time for participants to practise
- Celebration Time: Photo taking with finished products!!
Venue: Meet up at Sheung Wan MTR Station Exit A
Duration: 3 hours
Quota: Max 8 people for a class
Minimum number of attendance: 1 person
What is included: all lantern-making materials, 1 finished product, free coffee & tea