Immersive Seafood and Cultural Tour in Aberdeen
- What You Can Expect -
1. Aberdeen 1773 tickets: Embark on an audio-guided sampan boat tour around Aberdeen Typhoon Shelter and visit a Houseboat turned Museum (Duration 1 hour)
2. Visit Aberdeen Fisherman’s Wharf and walk along Aberdeen Praya
3. Enjoy fresh seafood lunch in Aberdeen’s Wholesale Fish Market
- Important Info -
While riding on traditional sampans within Aberdeen Typhoon Shelter, you will listen to an audio guide that introduces the area. You will then visit Aberdeen Houseboat and Aberdeen Fisherman’s Wharf, followed by a scrumptious seafood lunch in Aberdeen Wholesale Fish Market.
Good to know
- Itinerary -
11:00-11:30 Sampan boat ride with the beautiful scenery of Aberdeen Typhoon Shelter
With gentle sea breeze blowing across your face, you will shuttle through different landmarks withing the typhoon shelter, including Aberdeen Wholesale Fish Market, Ap Lei Chau Bridge, Jumbo Kingdom, Ap Lei Chau Shipyard, etc. You will also learn interesting stories and cultural significance of the landmarks through our audio guide.
11:30-11:45 Visit Aberdeen Houseboat
Visit Aberdeen Houseboat, a traditional fisherman’s residential turned into a museum, you will learn about traditions and culture of local fishermen through photos, exhibits and videos. Aberdeen Houseboat is also a chic photo-taking spot for couples and families, against our signature neon light check-in point with traditional bucket hats and paddles as props. Snack and drinks will be provided. While visiting the Houseboat, immerse yourself in the region’s past and experience life as a water dweller.
11:45-12:00 Boarding the Aberdeen Fisherman’s Wharf
After the Houseboat, the sampan will bring you to Aberdeen Fisherman’s Wharf, another type of architecture found in Aberdeen that serves to sell freshly caught seafood to the public. Opened in early 2022, the Aberdeen Fisherman’s Wharf is a new landmark of Aberdeen and Southern District, aiming to incorporate and reflect both ‘Hong Kong Style’ and the fishermen culture. Visitors can take IG-able pictures, purchase seafood and other unique local Hong Kong products.
12:15 Enjoy the delicious seafood lunch at the Aberdeen Wholesale Fish Market
Followed by the Wharf, you’ll walk along Aberdeen Praya and visit a restaurant within the Aberdeen Wholesale Fish Market. The restaurant is not commonly open to public, it is known for its preparation of freshly caught seafood, abalones with salt and pepper, sweet and sour pork, etc. The Aberdeen Wholesale Fish Market spans across two football courts and is the largest seafood supplier in Hong Kong. After lunch, you are free to leave or wander around the market. You may be able to catch a glimpse of the bustling trading in the market.
- Tour dates: Every Friday, Saturday, Sunday and designated public holidays
- Meeting point: Ap Lei Chau Hung Shing Temple Pier (Ap Lei Chau Sightseeing Sampans Landing No. 6)
- How to get there: 5-10 mins walk from Lei Tung MTR Exit A1
- Dismissing Place: Aberdeen Wholesale Fish Market
- Featured Seafood Lunch Menu (depending on the seafood supply)
- Fresh Fish Soup
- Steamed Fish (Grouper)
- Abalones with Salt and Pepper
- Fried Prawns with Soy Sauce / Boiled Shrimp (choose one on-site)
- Signature Sweet and Sour Pork
- Fried Noodles with Supreme Soy Sauce
- Fried Vegetables with Garlic Sauce
- Rice and Chinese Tea
- Tickets price included: Sampan boat ride with audio-guide, featured seafood lunch, local vessels compulsory third party risks insurance.
- Minimum 2 participants (excluding toddlers and infants) are required when purchasing tickets. One of them needs to be an adult/a senior.
- No tour guide service is provided.
- Important Notices -
- Booking must be done at least 24 hours in advance. No refund or rescheduling will be provided. (Rescheduling would be arranged in the event of bad weather policy and covid-19 restrictions, please refer to the below points 11 & 12 for details)
- Child tickets apply to children aged 3-11. Senior tickets apply to seniors aged 65 or above. Infants aged 0-2 can join the tour for free (not occupying seats nor meals, advanced notification is required 2 days prior to the participation date). Children aged below 11 must be accompanied by an adult/a senior aged 18 or above.
- Please arrive at the pier 15 minutes before the departure time to allow time for logistical arrangements. The tour will NOT wait for latecomers.
- The duration is around 1.5 hours.
- This tour is not wheelchair/stroller friendly.
- Please wear comfortable shoes and bring an umbrella, sunscreen and sunglasses if needed.
- Please be careful not to damage any items, equipment, or decoration on the boat.
- The itinerary is for reference only. The actual arrangement depends on the situation.
- Please note that personal possessions are always carried at the passenger’s risk.
- Guests may buy other travel insurance if needed.
- Bad Weather Policy: If Typhoon Signal 3 or higher, Red or Black Rainstorm Warnings still being hoisted by 07:00 on the event date, activities before 13:00 will be cancelled and rescheduled. Guests may reschedule to date within two months of the original tour date. The tour will run as scheduled if Typhoon Signal 1 and/or Amber Rainstorm Warning is hoisted. If Typhoon Signal 3 or higher, Red or Black Rainstorm Warnings is hoisted during the tour time, the tour will be cancelled to ensure passengers’ safety. No refund will be provided.
- If the tour cannot operate due to COVID-19 restrictions, affected participants are entitled a free rescheduling. No refund will be provided. In general, the rescheduled tour date should be within two months from the original tour date.
- If participants cancel the tour before departure or no-show on tour day, the fare paid will not be refunded, and the company will not assume any responsibility.
- According to the laws of Hong Kong subsidiary legislation No.548 Chapter 13th issue, the company has been shipping third party accident insurance.
- If exceptional circumstances beyond the company's control, such as bad weathers, traffic accidents, marine traffic control, technical problems with transportation, etc., the itinerary must be changed or cancelled. Participants may not object or quit, request a refund or compensation for the cost of the unfinished itinerary.
- In the case of any disputes, the decision of Seayou Explorer Travel Limited shall be final.