“How close is China?” A Bike Tour to the Border
About the Tour
A journey to explore the lesser-known Hong Kong
Hong Kong has always been thinking of as a fully developed concrete jungle full of high-rise skyscrapers. Few tourists have ever thought that the green areas are much more than they can imagine.
What’s better than knowing more about Hong Kong’s history by visiting the border? This experience is to bike to one of the borders between Hong Kong and China. With the greens along the way, you will be surprised by the great contrast between the two. While we enjoy the quiet and peaceful atmosphere on the Hong Kong side, on the other side is the city of Shenzhen in China which is occupied by buildings instead.
We will know more about the facts and history of Hong Kong throughout the tour by visiting different places, including the biggest farmland in the city, the Big Water Pipes, etc. We will also drop by an old town. You will be amazed by the reason it is now so favoured by tourists, especially the ones from China.
Good to know
1. Bike in the rural area of Hong Kong to learn our New Town and indigenous people’s history;
2. Bike to one of the borders between Hong Kong and China;
3. Know more about the indigenous people lives, culture and customs;
4. Enjoy the nature in the biggest farmland in the city;
5. Enjoy tasty street food which is only available in the area.
Where to Meet