Ethnic Traces in Wanchai
About the Tour
This experience takes you through the district of Wanchai, renowned backdrop of the novel-turn movie ‘The World of Suzie Wong’. Traces of different ethnic communities constitute the development of this historic and down-to-earth neighbourhood, in which I grew up.
Discover & understand the district as never before!
Good to know
Meeting point: Lobby of Pacific Place 3 at 9:45 am
Departing time: 10 am
- Star Street precinct: the historic Portuguese /Macanese quarters;
- Hung Shing Temple: predominantly Chinese female patronage of a historic trade;
- The Pawn: Traditional alternative financial institution turned to a hip restaurant;
- Tai Yuen Street Market: Kidults’ toy paradise amidst meat and vegetable stalls;
- Blue House Clusters: pre-war Tong Lau’s (Chinese tenement house) haunting tales
Where to Meet