Aberdeen 1773 Fishing Heritage Sampan & Houseboat Visit
Aberdeen Typhoon Shelter is a unique fishing village that blends the old and new. The traditional lifestyle shared among fishermen or Tanka people with many antique junks and sampans are juxtaposed against fleets of luxury yachts and towering skyscrapers. The typhoon shelter is also home to many intangible cultural heritage, all being traces of the humble beginnings of Hong Kong when it was still a small fishing village.
Let us bring you back in time as you hop onboard our unique sampan boats, we will cruise through 13 different local landmarks around the charming Aberdeen fishing village. While cruising, try immerse yourself in the area’s rich culture and history, through our exquisitely designed audio guide, where you will listen to folk-tales, lullabies and narratives of the area. If you’re lucky, you may be able to witness traditional dragon boat trainings or live fish trade in action!
Good to know
- 1 hour trip around Aberdeen Fishing Village
- A peek into the traditional fishing custom and culture as you step into a traditional houseboat with cultural relics on display
- Classic sampans with different themes
- Individual audio guide in 4 languages: Cantonese, Mandarin, English and Japanese
- Spectacular photo opportunities
- Complementary drinks and local snacks
- Delicious traditional boat noodles available for lunch tickets, specially prepared in a mobile sampan kitchen
Sampan pickup at Hung Shing Temple, Ap Lei Chau
30 minutes audio-guided ride around 13 landmarks, each with their own unique story and cultural significance
30 minutes houseboat visit, with cultural exhibits on display
Additional 30 minutes stay for lunch sessions participants to experience an authentic boat noodle
Return to Aberdeen Fishermen's Wharf pier (Close to Aberdeen Wholesale Fish Market)